Jan 08 2014
Did you know that you have two opposite realities happening at the same time?
Where they overlap, is when you get totally exhausted.
Before you click off because you think I’m crazy- just listen!
I’d wager that you do this every day, sometimes for hours and hours.
I’m referring to your optimistic world and your pessimistic worlds.
They both exist and you may be like many entrepreneurs and feel like the two are connected by a thick rubber band and you spring back and forth.
That constant boinging is hard on your system, your brain, your energy, and all the rest!
On one hand, you can give yourself uplifting self-talks and feel the sense of promise all around you. You know more clients are coming!
On the other hand you are worried and stressed about not having enough clients or enough money coming in and you feel ashamed, scared, and panicked!
The real problem is that the worried, stressed part seems to have more impact. Ugh.
I was interviewed as part of a tele-summit today and the interviewer asked me to define abundance.
What I saw was a waterfall. We have plenty of these here in Oregon and I love watching the abundance of water cascading over the rocks and into a pool of fresh energy. It is invigorating. calming, and gives that feeling of so much available in every way.
It’s hard to stand at a waterfall and not feel that sense of freedom!
How can you live more in that world?
Here are a few tips from a recovered worrier! (Me)
1. Take action. Remember that positive change happens in the world of the waterfall. Things move and there is more and more possibilities. Once you begin moving, it will change your vibration.
2. Get out of your head and listen to the sound of water moving. Even a small fountain in your office can help. Breath and make decisions from that place of plentifulness.
3. Remember that fear lives in the future, and your power is right in this moment. Look at what you have control over and focus there. What ifs will keep you in that dark slimy pool where everything feels dead. Pretty graphic but so true. Where is your waterfall and clear fresh pool right now?
4. Be kind to yourself. Everyone feels scared sometimes but it’s part of being alive. Celebrate how smart you are, acknowledge all the wonderful ways you care about your clients and the world, and focus on things that make you feel good inside.
5. Know that your business is it’s own entity and has it’s own process. Sometimes you need to make changes, let certain things die, let other things grow. What is your business saying to you?
Doing an emotional inventory like this is an excellent way to begin the New Year and to plan for your business prosperity.
What messages are you getting and what changes do you need to make that will help you live in the world of the waterfall?